These oatmeal cookies are incredible. There is something about warm soft and chewy homemade oatmeal cookies that store bought just can't beat.
This again is my moms recipe! She gets credit for a lot of my favorite recipes.
Try these cookies, you will be hooked.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine or 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or regular milk with 1tsp lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups of oats (not quick oats)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
Mix sugar, margarine, milk, and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Form dough into 1 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 min (or until edges begin to brown)
Remove the cookies (still on the parchment paper) immediately from cookie sheet.