This one is easy, but I warn you, most of the ingredients were not measured, we made this at the campsite so it was very much thrown together.
- 8-10 brussell sprouts cut in half
- 1 baby turnip
- 4 small-medium sized carrots. (we used the various colored ones we found at farm boy to add to the mix)
- 2 parsnips
- 4-5 whole shallots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bulb garlic, each clove cut in half's or quarters
- fresh rosemary to taste
- fresh thyme to taste
- fresh sage to taste
- fresh oregano to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- sprinkle of brown sugar (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- a few knobs of butter
Drizzle honey on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. top it all off with a few knobs of butter, and cover with foil.
Thrown it on the camp fire (or in the oven probably around 350-375F)
Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom doesn't burn. remove the foil when they seem about 3/4 done. Cook until all of the vegetables are golden brown
And don't forget to enjoy a nice cold beer while they cook! We found this awesome pumpkin beer, and it was just so seasonal and wonderful we couldn't help but buy it.