Sunday, April 24, 2011

the ULTIMATE grilled cheese

Okay so I lied... I couldn't wait till Easter dinner for my first post.
I made some grilled cheese for breakfast/lunch and it was just too delicious I had to share.
sorry the picture was taken when I was already almost done eating it

Very simple I know :) but sometimes the best things are right?

I used white bread because that's all we had but ideally it would be with some yummy multigrain bread


Serves 2 (or 1 depending on how hungry you are)


  • 4 slices of multigrain bread
  • margarine (enough to cover the outside)
  • some old cheddar
  • 1 sliced tomato
  • 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda

turn the frying pan on, butter the outside pieces of your bread. place them margarine side down on the pan.
I put the cheddar first then tomato then Gouda that way the tomato doesnt make the bread soggy.
top it off with your second piece of bread, wait till the bottom is golden brown, flip, wait.

enjoy the ooey gooey melted cheese, and tell yourself it is still good for you because of the tomato ;)

stay tuned for Easter Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment