What you will need
- tortilla's (i used whole wheat and also chipotle tortillas)
- Sour cream
- lettuce (once again I used spinach instead)
- shredded cheese
- 1 can black beans
- 2 avocado's
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cocao (I know it sounds weird but trust me)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1/2 mango diced
- 1/4 medium red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped.
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
dice and seed 3 tomato's and throw them in a bowl then dice half of a mango (I find if you dice the mango into really small pieces it helps mix the flavor better, so when you bight into it you get a little or everything)
next I chopped up the cilantro and squeezed the juice from the lime and tossed in some salt.
Now this part you can do by hand but I find it easier to use a mini food processor. I threw the jalapeno and onion into the food processor so I could get it chopped super fine. There is nothing worse then huge chunks of onion and getting a big bight of raw onion. I also found this helped spread the flavors and bring out the juices a bit. After it is at the desired consistencies throw it in the bowl with everything else and set in the fridge while you get everything else ready.
I opted for diced avocado instead of doing a guacamole this time.
(my lovely helpers dicing the avocados)
for the avocado's I had them diced then tossed with some lime juice and minced garlic.
For the black beans.
empty beans out of the can into a strainer and rinse like crazy
throw the beans in a frying pan and sprinkle the taco seasoning and stir.
and for the best step... build and devour