Monday, May 23, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

 
Here is another recipe that has come from my mom. Like I mentioned in my last post, my mom has a lot to do with my love of cooking. Ever since I can remember when ever my mom was cooking or baking, I was in the kitchen with her helping out.
My parents have recently moved to Germany and I haven't had a chance to eat my mom's cooking, so I am trying to master some of her recipes.
 My mom and I

Okay enough rambling. Let get started.
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients
  • 3 large bananas
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flower
  • 1/3 cup melted margerine
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat your over to 375 F
Lets face it, we all have a pile of banana's in the freezer, they get too brown on the kitchen counter and get thrown in the freezer and they add up... (or is it just me?)

If you are using frozen banana's make sure they have been thawed.

Mash up your banana's and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the egg (lightly beaten), and then add your chocolate chips and vanilla
 Mix in the melted butter.

In a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together
add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until well incorporated.


 Place muffin papers into your muffin tin and put about 1/4 into each cup.
Bake at 375 F for 20 min




4 comments:

  1. My friends and family make fun of my frozen, brown banana collection. So glad to see I'm not alone in that!

    Thanks for the simple yet tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yeah my boyfriend makes fun of me every time I throw another one in the freezer.
    I hope you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to take my bananas out so I had them thawing in water and they became all... watery :( Hope the muffins turn out (this will be my third time making them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these the other day and they are delicious! I made mini muffins rather than regular size and they are just so good. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete