Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chipotle Lime Grilled Tofu

So this post goes along with my next one. Well they don't have to go together but they were all part of the same dinner. I had the chipotle lime tofu, quinoa salad and grilled asparagus for dinner, and let me tell you it was tasty :)
 Now I have not made a whole lot of marinades from scratch so this one involved a bit of experimenting but I really think it turned out well. That being said if you would change anything or have any comments, I would be happy to hear them



Ingredients 
  • 1 Tbs lime juice
  • 2 tsp chipotle powder
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tbs maple syrupy
  • 3 tbs water
  • 1 brick extra firm tofu
***TIP***
(To give your tofu a firmer meatier texture store it in the freezer and thaw when ready to use)

Press as much water out of your tofu as possible, this will enable to tofu to absorb more flavor. Slice the brick down the middle to make two thin tofu steaks.

Mix the ingredients for the marinade together. Place the tofu in a shallow flat dish and poor the marinade over top. Place it in the fridge and let it soak up the flavors for at least 2 hours. 



Toss your tofu on the grill on medium to medium high heat. Flip once it is starting the brown on the bottom. Brush some of the left over marinade on top.


And of course some asparagus on the side!!
All I did for this was drizzle garlic olive oil, lemon juice and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper, then put it on the BBQ




2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to try this one! My hubby loves Tofu and I have never known how to cook it!

    Any suggestions for cooking it in the oven/broiler or stovetop? We don't have a grill yet :(

    Thanks for the freezer tip! I didn't know that one

    Tiffany Kampmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely think of some more Tofu recipes to blog in the near future for you :)
    Let me know if you have any specific flavors in mind and I will work on something!

    ReplyDelete