Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Roasted Tomato's, Carmelized Onions and Goat Cheese on Puff Pastry

I had my sister and her boyfriend over to some hor d'oeuvres on Sunday and these are one of the things we made.
Now I will be honest right off the bat. I cheated and bought my puff pastry because this was a sort of last minute thing.


Ingredients 
  • 1 package puff pastry dough
  • 1 small package of goat cheese (i used a bruschetta flavored one)
  • 1 cherry tomato's slightly larger ones work best
  • 1 onion
  • Garlic infused olive oil
  • kosher salt and pepper
preheat the over to 400 degrees
 Cut all of your cherry tomato's in half and place them on a baking sheet and drizzle the garlic infused olive oil over top and season with kosher salt and pepper


***TIP***
(if you don't have any garlic olive oil simple smash a few cloves with the side of a knife and pop them in a bottle of olive oil and let sit for a few hours or preferably overnight)

Bake the tomato's in the oven for about 15 min or until they are starting to caramelize a little. Roasting the tomato's brings out so much flavor and also helps prevent soggy puff pastry.

Chop up one onion and in a bit of garlic olive oil put them in a frying pan on medium heat. You do not want to turn the heat up too high. Once the onions clear, soften and start to turn golden brown remove them from the heat.


I cut the puff pastry dough into triangles but any shape will work. Cut up some small pieced of goat cheese (about the size of the your thumb nail, and place them in the center of each puff pastry piece


OH and I forgot to mention a very important part... Watch for scavengers looking to steel your goat cheese.
(caught red handed) 

Place a few pieces of caramelized onions over the goat cheese and top it with a roast tomato.
Bake in the oven for about 15min or until golden and puffy
Enjoy!! By the looks of it, I think my sister did.
(my big sister Amanda and her boyfriend Kevin)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Wow I am going to have to try this asap!
    Good work girl I am impressed. Keep 'em comin!

    Tiffany Kampmann

    ReplyDelete